HydroCision devices enable minimally access to procedures traditionally performed through open techniques, thus minimizing surgical morbidity while providing improved clinical outcomes. In addition, the nonthermal nature of fluidjet technology eliminates the risk of thermal damage to surrounding healthy tissue. Each HydroCision device is designed for specific spine and orthopedic applications.
The devices have several clinical advantages.
- The TenJet tenotomy devices provide a definitive treatment option for patients suffering from chronic tendinopathy.
- The devices enable tissue selective, non-thermal, cutting and removal of diseased tendons, thereby enabling the initiation of the healing process.
- Early results demonstrate an average of 85% postoperative improvement of pain and function scores.
- A precise volume of disc material is removed in two to four minutes regardless of the patient’s age or disc pathology.
- 4 mm PercResector and MicroResector access cannula spares the outer annulus by allowing the annular fibers to shrink back into place, potentially decreasing the rate of disc herniations.
- SpineJet Fusion devices reduce disc prep time by 50% while enabling efficient removal of disc material and preparation of vertebral end plates.
- In a TLIF procedure, the SpineJet Fusion XL devices enable access to the contralateral posterior disc space and remove 95% more disc material than conventional instruments.
- The unique designs enable a thorough disc space preparation with 65% fewer instrument passes compared to conventional instruments.